Friday, August 28, 2009

Thanks, Mom and Dad

Mom and Dad got us a brand new electric stove as a housewarming gift. We all (Mom, Dad, Kathy, Jimmy, Tyler, Ken and I) went to Lowes on Sunday the 23rd to buy it and they (Lowes) delivered it for free on Monday the 24th. They even took the old stove away, how great is that! The other stove was taller, so I am going to have to paint part of the wall just behind the stove. I have always used gas so I was pleasantly surprised how fast the burners got hot and how fast it cooled down.
Ken had to fix the stove plug before we could use it. That was a fire hazard so I am glad we never used the old stove.

This is a bird feeder that my brother Jimmy and his wife Kathy gave us along with a wonderful squirrel feeder (not pictured). They asked me what I wanted and this is what I told them. I don't think I could have too many bird and squirrel feeders! This beautiful bird feeder has a painted glass bowl. The squirrel feeder has to be put together (Thanks, Jimmy) so I might give it a try this weekend, otherwise I might be waiting 20 years for my husband to get around to it. VBG

My nephew, Tyler, gave me these dragons. He (his parents and grandparents put him up to this) put these three dragons in some old jean pockets that were removed from the pants. In doing so he created "pocket dragons"! lol I have collected Pocket Dragons for 20 some odd years until the artist, Real Musgrave, retired about 2 years ago. Tyler just wanted to add some more "pocket dragons" to my huge collection. Thank you Tyler for such a thoughtful gift. :-)
I probably won't be posting anything else until Monday. I will be moving a few more things from the old house and unpacking some stuff at the new house. I also will be spending a lot of time with the German Shepherds, they need one on one time with me and I with them. This move has been a big change for them also.
Have a great weekend everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment