Friday, February 26, 2010

Built by, Snow in Willis and Other Stuff

I was suppose to post a blog on Monday, at least that is what I told my mother. As you can see it is now Friday and finally I am getting something up on the blog. I got sick. What ever is going around I got it. When you work in a school of 700 boys, you are going to get something from them. I went to work feeling sick on Monday and was out sick from work both Tuesday and Wednesday. Dragged my self back to work on Thursday and today I sort of feel okay, not totally well, but better. Thank god tomorrow is Saturday and I can get some more rest.

My dad made a dresser to fit in my closet, just like the one he had made for Ken's closet. They are really great because the master bedroom looks less cluttered with the dressers in the closets. Below is the dresser dad made for me, Dad signed it and this time his talented assistant, Joan Burgess aka Mom signed her own name! My lunatic brother was nice enough to bring the dresser over to the house this past Saturday. Thanks Jimmy, hope those shock treatments in the ice baths kick in! lol

My Dresser


Assisted by Joan N Burgess
Thanks Dad and Mom!!!!
Below are some photos from our "snow storm" that came through Willis on Tuesday the 23rd. Back in early December when Houston had all that snow, we had next to none in Willis even though we are an hour north of Houston. This time we got nice snow fall even though it did not stick very much. Yes, I realize that I was sick and should not have been out in the snow, but I just had to get some pictures of what is probably the only time we will ever have snow.

This photo was taken from our front porch.



This is Ch Seuss (left) and Ikon (almost a Ch) watching me take pictures of the snow.


Snow falling in our woods


Magic walking ahead of me. He has snow on his coat.



A not so happy Magic, not a snow fan.


Evil Evie with snow on her coat.


Another picture of the Evil One.
The birds did not care that it was snowing. They wanted food!

Ch Kane is a yankee dog. He came from Michigan so he felt right at home with the snow.

As you can see for all the snow fall, not much stuck on the ground


You can see a little snow in our woods
It snowed until around 2am on Wednesday the 24th and then it moved on out. Wednesday was 50 degrees and beautiful sun. No place but Texas!














No comments:

Post a Comment