Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy 78th Birthday!!!

Today is my Dad's 78th birthday. What a life he has led, from the back woods of Louisiana growing up, to joining the Air Force and meeting his future wife, my mom at a dance in Delaware. He and my mom went on to raise three children, me their first born, Patricia (second) and Jimmy. As with most military kids we did so much traveling from place to place. In one way we kids were world wise and in another we would have loved to have grown up in one town. My dad is a hero even though he would say no, but he is. He was awarded 2 Bronze Stars and other honors along with serving our country for 30 years, retiring at the highest rank (in the Air Force) an enlisteted man can achieve, Chief Master Sergeant. All in all I am so happy with who I have become, because of who my Father and Mother are. Mom and dad drove down here yesterday and today Mom and I went out to get some fun things and gifts for Dad. I hope he really enjoyed what we did for him today. Tomorrow Jimmy, along with his wife Kathy and grandson, Tyler and Kathy's mother are coming over for an early Father's Day get together.

Dad's first birthday gift from CH Magic

Here is Dad and Magic who gave him a birthday gift.

Dad blowing out his little slice of strawberry cheesccake.

Dad reading a birthday card while dringking hot green tea.

Silly dad, showing Ken and I how he begs my Mom into helping him put one sock on. LOL

Here Dad is showing that he got some batteries for his birthday. Wonder what the batteries are for??

Now Dad knows what the batteries are for. He is going to learn how to take photos.

After the gift giving, a storm blew through and it produced a beautiful rainbow.
Even God was saying Happy Birthnday, John.

My dad, John C Burgess Jr. I love you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment