Monday, August 2, 2010

What I did on my Summer Break

Well, as you can tell I did not do any blogging. We just got so busy with things we were trying to get done during my 7 weeks off. Ken was mostly studying for his Real Estate licence, while I took care of our dogs, the house and stuff outside. I was also walking 3 miles every morning, which now moves to the afternoon since today I am back at work. In 7 weeks, I have lost 14.6 pounds even though to me you can't tell. But the scales say I have and I am hoping for at least a pound a week. We also finished clearing out the house in Houston and have people in getting it ready to put on the market. We had a new front and back door put on, they are painting the inside of the house, including the cabinets in the kitchen. We are replacing a window in the back bedroom, the floors have been sanded and will get a new stain, the carpet is being replaced in the den/bedroom and a new floor will be put down in the kitchen. Wish we could do a few more things like put in central air and heat, replace the almost 20 yr old roof and fix the drainage line from the washer to the city line, but we just don't have enough money to do that. As it is what we are doing has cost us 6500 dollars so far and we still want to put a nice screen door on the back and replace one of the ceiling fans. We are going to have the house appraised and then price it fairly. I have some photos of the work being done and I will post those maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment