Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What a way to start a blog

Funny being stacked by Tammy.

Falcon Hill's Funny Girl of Edan


I got Funny's ashes back yesterday. She died sometime during the night or early morning hours of the 12/13. I got up in the morning and called to her but she did not come. My husband and I found her curled up in a ball like she was still asleep, but she wasn't. Funny wasn't sick, she had been playing in the wading pool with her buddy Smiley Friday evening. At 9pm she got her bed time cookie, which she ate with her normal gusto. I never would have thought that this moment would be the last we had with her. Funny would have been 10 in December. This is the second German shepherd that I have lost in the past two months and I don't think I can handle a third. In April, on Holy Thursday, we lost Caution (Intl CH Red Light Green Light of Edan TC, HIC) to a soft ball size tumor, she would have been 11 in May. They give such great joy and then they are gone taking a piece of your heart with them. God Speed my Funny and Caution.
International CH Red Light Green Light of Edan




1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh how sad! I know how it feels to lose a beloved animal. I lost my collie Hayden 2 years ago. He was 11 years old. My heart goes out to you!!

    ReplyDelete