Friday, September 18, 2009

We have Fireflies!!!!

Sorry that I cannot catch a photo of them but we have fireflies. The last time I saw a firefly, I think I was a child and it might have been at my Aunt's farm in Epps, Louisiana. Ken and I decided to sit out on our front porch this evening, something we have not really been able to do together yet. He lit the candle that keeps the bugs away and I brought out two glasses of wine. Ken, Magic (gotta do a meet the German Shepherds blog) and I were sitting on the porch enjoying the evening when I spotted the "flickering lights of the fireflies. Man, that brought back so many fun memories of childhood. Deer, woodpeckers, morning doves, spanish doves, finches, black and regular colored squirrels, blue jays, cardinals etc have all been in the side yard between the house and the woods where I put out food for them. I am in seventh heaven. I am really looking forward to the time when we get the deck built off the dining room (because it is located in that side area) so we can sit there and watch the wild life up close and personal. You sit there quietly and they come and eat and never pay any attention to you. Best blood pressure medicine in the world!! :-) Did I ever tell you all how much I love this place??

No comments:

Post a Comment