Friday, October 9, 2009

I'm Back and Ken's new play toy

Well, I did not mean to be gone so long from the blog, but there was a lot going on. I had foot surgery for some very nasty bone spurs in my right foot. I have been in a wheel chair for the past two weeks and after my doctor took the metal staples out yesterday, he told me I would be in it for 2 more weeks. Hopefully after the 23rd of October I will be able to walk with my walking boot he has on my foot. Once that comes off about the second week of November, it will be time to schedule surgery for my left foot in December. I have to have it done then or I will be paying out of pocket 1400 dollars(new deductible) for the surgery after the 1st of the year.

On a happier note Ken was able to get his new tractor yesterday. He can now putter around the 5 acres to his hearts content. The tractor has a bucket on the front and a mower on the back. Now we can get more gravel to add to the kennel and he can start working on cleaning out our woods of some of the small dead trees, which are on the ground. Below are some photos of the new tractor arriving and Ken driving it around.

Above is the tractor as it arrives at the house.


Here is Ken driving it in through the gate


And now Ken is posing with his new tractor



Here Ken is showing me how he can raise and lower the attachments

Mowing with the new Tractor

My parents are coming today from Marble Falls for a visit and tomorrow we are having a get together with my brother and his wife, her mother and their son at our house. How much do you want to bet that the men folk will be having a love fest with this tractor on Saturday? I plan to take pictures and let you know. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment