Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wow! Where Has The Time Gone?

I did not mean for this much time to go between posts, but time has surely gotten away from us. We have just been very busy with the never ending going through stuff, deciding what we will keep and moving it up to the country house. We finally got Ken's mustering out pay from the fire department and today the kennel for the dogs was started. Some of the pictures below show the dirt work being done for the pad. Tomorrow or Thursday they will be framing the building and sometime after that pouring the foundation. Of course all of that could change depending on how much they get done each day. It is way to hot here in Texas to be working outside without taking lots of breaks.

I was able to get the bedroom furniture for the guest bedroom. I got the bed and lamps from my favorite salesperson, John Wier at the RoomStore in Spring, Tx. The Sealy Queen size mattress and box springs came from Bi-Right Furniture (they were running a great sale) and the end tables came from Southwest Surplus. I think the room is turning out great. I do have a new ceiling fan that better matches the bed but it is not up yet. The sitting room/den is almost done, I bought two Curio Cabinets and two chairs from John and a small desk, chair and book cases from Office Depot. We also have a beautiful new ceiling fan for that room also. I can't wait until it is set up and I can post photos of the room. Keeping our fingers crossed, we might actually be in the house full time the beginning of September and if we are even luckier maybe mid August.

No comments:

Post a Comment