Tuesday, December 8, 2009

This and That

First off Mom was only in the hospital for about 3 days. God Bless IV antibiotics and my co workers and the priests at St. Thomas High School who kept her in their prayers. My brother went up on Thursday the 3rd, the day before the great Houston snow, to help Dad out and ended up taking him to the Doctor. As it turns out Dad had a touch of pneumonia for which the doctor gave him a booster shot and antibiotics. Jimmy left on Saturday and headed back to Sealy because they were doing so much better. I talked to Mom yesterday and she did sound much improved. She said she was still a little weak and of course she will be for a few more weeks. Friday the 4th was an interesting day, it was the day it snowed in Houston. St Thomas let us all out at 12:30 since the roads were starting to freeze as the temperature took a nose dive. I could really kick myself because I did not take any pictures of the snow in Houston. I thought I would take photos of our place out in the country since we were further north. I just knew there would be a layer of snow on the ground.....WRONG! From about the Woodlands area out 1-45 the heavy snow stopped. By the time I got to our house in Willis, there was very little snow coming down at all. It was cold as hell but that was pretty much it until Saturday morning when the ground was covered in heavy duty frost. This first picture is a tree about a minute from the house. You can see a little of the dusting of snow that we got on the tree.

I am standing in the front of my house trying to get a photo of the meager amount of falling snow. You can barely see it.
This is a photo from Saturday morning. The front yard is covered in heavy frost. Kind of looks like snow. Only the open areas got this kind of frost. There was nothing under the trees in the woods across the way or in our woods beside the house.


Here is another view of the frost in our pasture. About an hour or so after the sun came up, the frost had melted.




Since it was so cold outside, I decided I better get the christmas tree finished. This will be our first christmas in the new house. We were suppose to have Mom and Dad over along with Jimmy and his family but with Mom and Dad getting over being ill, it might only be me and Ken. :-(

I loved doing our tree, it represents our life together. We have firefighter ornaments, german shepherd ornaments, a scottish terrier ornament (that represents Mr. Scotty who lived to be 14 years old), tool ornaments, fishing ornaments and 3 ornaments that have his (Ken's) daughter's names on them.


This German Shepherd Angel is for all my German Shepherds that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge, Todd, Rimfire, Storm, Jenny, Joey, Cali, Quiggy, ToyToy, CC, Star, Funny, Teddie, Blaze and Caution.



I only wish my shepherds were this innocent. :-)





Another one of the may shepherd ornaments.



Ken loves tools and so we have some tool ornaments that I got at Sears through the years




I have put together some great collectible fire department ornaments



I think this was a 1995 (I will have to check) ornament from Hallmark where some of the firetrucks come from.



Mr. Scotty




Another great Firetruck from the past



A fishing ornament for Ken's love of fishing.........and hunting.......and boating.......LOL




I love this one, the fish is as big as the boat!


This is Chocolate Moose. I fell in love this ornament because it reminded me of Caution and her "Chocolate Moose" toy.


Two final photos of our living room. We added the black leather chair and footstool along with the rug.



My father had offered to build the mantel for the fireplace just before he and mom got sick. When they are back to normal, he is coming down to measure the fireplace for the mantal. We are getting things done a little at a time.



















No comments:

Post a Comment