Tuesday, December 1, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours!

November started out as a pretty good month, but ended up waaaaay downhill. My mom was sick at Thanksgiving. They (mom and dad) drove to my brother's house in Sealy for Thanksgiving. Ken went to San Augustine to spend the holiday with his mom and dad and I drove over to Sealy to spend time with mom, dad, my brother, his wife, their son Tyler, Kathy's mom, my sister, her husband and their son, Robert John. Not only was mom sick but so was Kathy. I had to keep my distance since I am having surgery on my left foot December 16th. Can't be sick for that. On the way back from Sealy, my husband called and said that the transmission in the van, that we just payed off and is just out of warranty, had gone out. He was about 40 minutes from the house and creeping along at about 30-35 miles per hour. He did make it to the house and it was taken on a trailer to the shop yesterday. It's going to cost us about 2500 hundred dollars to get the transmission rebuilt.......ugh. Now back to mom being sick. I called them on Sunday to make sure they got back to Marble Falls okay and dad said he had brought mom home on Saturday because she was feeling worse. When I talked to her, I thought she was dying she sounded so bad. Dad took her to the doctor Monday and they immediately put her in the hospital with double pneumonia. Thank God today she seems to be much better since they hit her with the IV antibiotics. I think she will be able to go home in a day or two, which is good since dad has a cold and we don't want it turning into what mom has. My brother will be going up on Friday to help out and make sure Dad is taking care of himself. My husband will being going up next week to help out if needed. Oh and did I mention that my husband's mother was also sick Thanksgiving with some sort of intestinal issue? I think she is suppose to go to the doctor again sometime this week........when it rains, it pours!

The only good thing that happened during the Thanksgiving holidays was on Sunday. We had entered our girl, San Jo's Ikon, at an All Breed Show in Conroe. Sunday she gaited her way to Best of Breed from the American Bred Class. She is close to finishing her championship, maybe that will happen in January. :-) I will post her Best of Breed photo (as long as it is good) when it comes in in a few weeks. Oh and for you blog lurkers, Ikon is a German Shepherd Dog. :-)

Hope everybody had a safe and Happy Thanksgiving Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment