Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What's Happening

A lot has been happening since I last blogged during spring break. This past weekend we had a meeting of the German Shepherd Dog Club of Houston meeting at our house. Everyone wanted to see the new place, so we decided to hold our monthly meeting there. Those that were able to attend brought snacks and drinks. We had ice tea, bottles of water and wine. Guess what got drank the most! :-) Seriously it was a great meeting we picked our judges for our December show and took care of a few other things that needed to be taken care of. Then it house, kennel and property touring time. Everyone liked the place so much that we are holding our yearly picnic here at the end of May. It was great fun having some of the club members out.


This is Troy, our vice president, and his wife Shelia. No they are really not asleep. :-)
Here is hubby Ken and club member John. Ken is not asleep either!

This is Peggy Douglas in the foreground and behind her is our club President, Lynn Goswick. Peggy is our oldest member, she will be 86 in December. She still works and she is also an AKC German Shepherd Judge. She has a judging assignment coming up in the next month I think. I have decided that I want to be her when I grow up. vbg


This is Vicki Lewis another club member.



A meeting of great minds!!! Unfortunately not all of our members were able to here, at least 3 were off at dogs shows, 4 were out of town, not at dog shows :-) and the rest had other plans. We do manage to all get together at our yearly picnic.



Monday, around 4 am as I was putting Magic outside to potty so I could get ready for work, I ran into the Mutant Moth from Hell (add scary music here). Nothing like being half asleep and opening up your door to this........


He, she or it was on the front porch column. It was hugggge! Still don't know what kind of moth it is but I will google moths and see what I can find. Always an adventure living in the country.



Last week, Ken was able to hire two guys to help him take down a very dead, ready to fall pine tree and build the new fence we needed down one side of our property. It really was sad to take the pine tree down because we had two gigantic prehistoric woodpeckers living in it. Okay, they really were not prehistoric, but they were huge. Thankfully they are still around just living in a newly dead not really to fall down pine tree. I hope to get a picture of them, they are really big!


This is the new fence looking down the property in both directions. With this fence up I can let some of my shepherds out to play and not have them go off the property visiting our neighboors.





This is Cleo the Queen. Her subjects are my 10 year old nephew, Robert John, his mother, my sister, Patricia and her husband Philip. They came to see our new place spring break. We had a great time and so did Cleo. Robert mined our driveway for crystal rocks and took home 2 or 3 quart size zip lock bags. I am really lucky that I don't have a 10 foot hole in the drive way! :-)

Tricia and I went to Old Town Spring on Friday and she got me this very cool wind chime.
She also gave me this very cool wine glass. There are many great wine glass designs to choose from. This one is called Leopard. Here is Queen Cleo and her beloved subject, Robert John.
This is my sister, Patricia enjoying a glass of wine on the front porch.
And finally here are the men fools......errr I mean men folk also sitting on the porch. That is Philip taking to my husband.
Ken and I have another exciting weekend coming up. Mom and Dad are coming in Good Friday and my brother and his wife and 5 year old son are coming up on Sunday and we are going to hide Easter eggs for my nephew to find. I will be sure to get some good photos of that. Hope everyone has a blessed Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment