Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Break

Before I get into what we did on my 4 days off at Easter, we had a small hail storm last night. I was putting on my night shirt and Ken was putting Behrens in a crate for the night when it sounded like artillery was hitting the house. Ken raced to the front door and I headed to the back. There was a heavy down pour of marble size hail. Thank god, both cars were under cover. I guess Ken will have to check the roof of the garage, kennel and house this morning.



This is a Luna moth at took shelter under our porch yesterday evening. I have never seen one in person before. They sure are beautiful. It is said they have a wing span of 4 to 5 inches and the moth only lives a week in adult form since they don't have a mouth or digestive system. In that weeks time they breed and the female lays a lot of eggs. I have seen a lot of interesting things since we move onto our land in the country.

Below is a side view of the moth. The color is just beautiful.
Now back to the Easter break. Mom and Dad came up on Good Friday and stayed until Sunday afternoon when they followed my brother and his family back to their house in Sealy. We had a great time while they were with us. Friday evening after we ate spaghetti, salad and garlic bread, we went and sat out on the front porch and watch the birds and even saw some fire flys.
On Saturday Ken or course had to take Ikon and Evie to the show in Navasota, where in my previous blog I bragged that Ikon finished her championship. Mom and I went to the bookstore, Michaels, Walmart and Kroger. We got home around 2pm to find Dad had been enjoying himself on the front porch reading and snoozing. ;-) When Ken got home around 4:30pm, we grilled rib eyed steaks for supper and then it was more porch sitting!! Easter morning my brother and his wife and their 5 year old son, Tyler, came over for some Easter egg hunting. My mother had decided that my husband needed to hunt Easter eggs so she got him some along with a basket. We made the bow on Saturday and I hid his eggs on Sunday while Jimmy was hiding Tyler's. Ken being the good sport that he is went on his own Easter egg hunt and then tried to steal the ones Tyler found. I think everybody had a great time, I know I did.
This is the basket and eggs that Mom got for Ken. I think the bow turned out beautiful.

It was kind of deary Easter morning, but Tyler did not care. He loves hunting Easter eggs!

Here is the hubby hunting up the eggs that I hid.

My dad was following Ken around while he hunted for his eggs.

This is Kathy, my dad and Tyler. I think dad wanted to steal some of Tyler's eggs.

Ken is trying to talk Tyler out of some of his eggs. That was not going to happen!
Tyler is explaining to Uncle Ken that the eggs are his and his alone.
This is Mom, Kathy and Jimmy, something was going on up at the porch. Probably more egg stealing.

And still more discussion about the eggs. All though I think in this picture, Tyler was showing Uncle Ken his Sponge Bob egg.


Dad, Ken and Mom on our front porch. Mom was watching Ken open his eggs. We had put toys, candy and money in those eggs.

Another photo of Ken and mom. Don't our woods look beautiful in the background. They are so green.

Tyler is showing his Nana what kind of eggs he got

Tyler and his dad.

A game of chase! Kathy says she is raising two boys!

On Monday the weather was just beautiful and so while clothes were washing Ken and I went out to work on one of the front flower beds. Ken got a small tiller attachment for his weed eater and after we dug out some bushes, he tilled the soil so I could plant my butterfly plants, rosemary bushes and daisy bushes. Dad had suggested he get something like this.


This is what the bed is starting to look like. I still have 3 boxwood bushes to get out, but we are reusing them along one side of the garage.

Magic was very busy too. He was supervising everything that was being done.


Here Ken is moving limbs that I have been picking up. He is taking them to our burn pile.

And finally here are two of the boxwoods that I planted alongside the garage. We wanted to make sure they would survive the transplant before we dug up the rest. They seem to be doing fine, so tomorrow I will dig up 3 more and plant them.


After the work was done, we let CH Ikon and Suess come out and play while we sat watching them. They do so love playing with each other. Heck, Ikon will play with just about anyone.

Seuss (CH Oh The Places You'll Go of Edan) just enjoying the late afternoon.

Seuss, up close and personal! :-)

Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter Break, we sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment