Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hell did not freeze over!!!!

When Ken got his "baby" aka the tractor back in October, I had asked him when was he going to teach me to drive it. I think his response was something along the lines of when Hell Freezes Over! Well this past Sunday I got to learn how to drive the "baby" and as far as I know hell is still hot! lol Ken has finally decided that he can use some help in the cleaning up of our woods. He will be cutting up some fallen trees and I will take them to the burn pile. The picture below is me taking some limbs that we trimmed from the trees on Sunday to the burn pile. I did a pretty good job!
Ken also put up some bird houses for me. This one is a cedar blue bird house that I bought at Walmart.

And this one, my dad made for me. I am hoping the blue birds like this one also. May be I can con my dad into making me another one.
Here is Ikon and Angelus supervising us while we were working. They had a great time running and chasing each other for several hours.

Last Saturday, Ken and I got together with Peggy Douglas at Red Lobster. We ate and drank and gossiped about judges, handlers and German Shepherds. ;-)


I am so glad we have tomorrow off even though it is our last Friday in April off. Starting next week we have noon dismissals on Friday. Not as good as being off but I will miss the Friday rush hour traffic, which is always a good thing. We have another busy weekend coming up. Ken and Evie are on their way to Beaumont. Evie is entered in a three day show there starting tomorrow. Since she shows at 9:30am, he decided to leave today and stay over night. Ken is going to watch her show and then head back to the house while Evie stays with her handler, Brian Livingston. I hate that we will not be there Saturday but it is a long drive from Willis to Beaumont and gas is not cheap right now. Brian will call and let us know how she did. We will drive in on Sunday to watch her and then we will bring her home, hopefully with some more points. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment