Sunday, April 18, 2010

What A Day

Saturday was a really busy day as most Saturday can be. I ran all the errands while Ken burned a pile of wood from the pine tree that we had to cut down. While I was out I got sweet basil, lemon basil, peppermint, spearmint, thyme along with some other things to make a small herb garden. I think I will put them in the flower beds in the front of the house where I have all ready placed my Rosemary. I would like to have an herb bed where our small garden is but until Ken decides to listen and put up a fence around the garden to keep animals out, I will pass. Speaking of animals that fence might be put up sooner then later. When I got home yesterday Ken was over by the burning wood, so I walked out the back door and what did I see in the garden?????? A rabbit, yes a rabbit. They have finally found the garden. I did manage to catch a picture of it before it ran off into the woods.

As you can see the bunny was sitting on the tomato cage right by the two small tomatoes.

He is just waiting for the tomatoes to get ripe!

This is the pile of logs that Ken was burning. It had burned down a lot by the time I got home. In the background is the rest of the tree that will need to be burned also.

It has been raining all morning today (Sunday). I was hoping to work in my flower beds planting the herbs. It is suppose to stop raining this afternoon so maybe I can do some planting then. Hope everyone else had a sunny weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment